Soft Date Pieces - 2 Lbs. Dextrose or Oatflour (Organic)
Because of their low moisture and high acid content, date pieces have a long shelf life. That means they’re ready to use whenever you are, and in so many different ways. Date pieces are great as a snack or in desserts. Add them to:
- Cakes and pies
- Cereals or cereal toppings
- Granola bars
- Frozen desserts and date shakes
- Dressings, marinades
- Trail mix
Date pieces need no preparation, although some bakers and other food producers prefer to rehydrate their dates for maximum juiciness. Just pour boiling water over the fruit and let sit, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes
before adding to your recipe. Order your diced dates and date pieces with coatings to reduce stickiness and improve measurement accuracy. Options include:
- Gluten-free oat flour
A VALUE-ADDED PROPOSITION
- Vitamins and Minerals: Date Pices provide 16 vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B9, iron, and calcium. A 1/2-cup of dates provides 15% of the RDA for selenium, copper, potassium and magnesium.
- Amino Acids: Date Pieces contain 23 types of amino acids, including all the essential amino acids.
- Dietary Fiber: A 1/4-cup serving provides 12% of the RDA for fiber. Dates include an important soluble fiber known as beta-D-Glucan, which helps people feel more sated and contributes to regularity.
- Antioxidants: Date Pieces rank high among fruits in antioxidant polyphenols, which protect against the damaging effects of inflammation and destroy free radicals that can cause heart disease and other chronic diseases.
- Healthy Fatty Acids: Date Pieces contain saturated and unsaturated fatty acids – including lauric, palmitic, linoleic and linolenic acids. These fatty acids have been shown to reduce triglycerides and lower cholesterol.
For More Information: WoodspurFarms-DateProducts.pdf