1. When are dates harvested?
We harvest our dates between October through December depending on the variety.
2. Why Dates?
A healthy choice
3. What is the shelf life on dates?
- Ambient 3 months
- Refrigerated 12 months
- Frozen 18 months
4. How many date varieties do you offer?
Our date selection consists of 17 varieties including the 3 Medjool varieties.
5. Which two date varieties are the driest?
The Thoory and Kway.
6. Which two date varieties are softest?
The Medjool and Barhi
7. What can I use for cooking or baking?
- Deglet Date Paste
- Zahidi Date Paste
- Soft Date Pieces - Dextrose or Oatflour
- Diced dates or any whole date that is pitted
- Popular cooking dates are the Medjool, Deglet Noor, and the Thoory.
8. Are dates raw?
Yes, dates are considered a raw fruit.
9. Why are my dates covered in sugar specs?
Sugar within the fruit sometimes migrates through osmosis from inside to the outside causing white specs on the surface. You can easily revert the sugar back by putting the dates in the sun for a bit or popping them in a Ziploc bag with a few drops of water for 30-45 seconds to give a steam bath and it will retrograde to a soft date with no sugar specs.
10. Are dates considered part of a Vegan diet?
Yes, they are Vegan and Paleo friendly.
11. Are Oasis Dates Kosher Certified?
Yes, they are Kosher certified by the U.S. Kosher Supervision.
12. Do you offer international shipping?
Yes, Please contact customer service representative for details.
13. Can I make changes to my order?
If your order has shipped and you would like to change the address destination, you will be asked for an extra shipping fee to reroute your order.
If your order has shipped and you would like to select a different item, you will be charged shipping fees to bring back your package to our facility for exchange.
14. How do I redeem a coupon code?
Enter your coupon code or promo code in the white box under "Coupon Code"
Please Note: Some codes cannot be combined with others.
15. What is your Return Policy?
Our policy is simple. We want you to be completely happy with your order. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you tell us how we can satisfy you via a refund, an online store credit or an exchange for another item equal or lesser value. Any taxes charged will be refunded in accordance with state laws.
Since these are perishable goods you have 7 business days to submit a complaint after receiving your order.
Please note: Shipping charges are non-refundable.
16. Where else can I find your company ads, promos or coupons?
Find us on --
Facebook: Oasis Date Gardens
To receive exclusive offers and promotions via email, suscribe.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Home Page and fill in the information below:
If you have any other questions you may submit them in our CONTACT US Tab or give us a call at 1-800-827-8017 Ext #1.