This recipe was baked and created by Lizeth Sanchez. Lizeth started baking at the age of 12 and has been baking for 33 years. She was taught by a neighbor who was also a teacher of food and pastries.
Lizeth loves experimenting with ingredients and creating new recipes. Her favorite part about baking is seeing and hearing people's reactions!
This Medjool date flavored carrot cake loaf recipe is one of her personal favorites.
Meet the baker
• 1 box (432g) Carrot Cake Mix•1/3 (180ml) cup Vegetable Oil• 3 Large Eggs• 1 cup (240ml) Milk
• 1 and 1/2 cup grated carrots• 1/2 cup (100g) chopped pecan pieces•1/2 cup Medjool Date Crumbles covered in Coconut Flour • Frosting
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
2. Whisk the cake mix, eggs, milk, and oil together in a large bowl until ingredients are mixed very well and there are no clumps
3. Add the grated carrots, pecans and date crumbles to the mixture
4. Grease the cake pan with butter and pour in the batter.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
6. Allow to cool, top with your favorite frosting, and serve!
Date Crumbles are ready to use whenever you are in so many different ways! Their small size, sweet flavor, and chewy texture make them easy to blend in with any recipe. Date Crumbles can be added to bagels, cookies, pies, salads, or used as cereal toppings.
Oasis Date Gardens offers Date Crumbles in gluten-free oat flour and coconut flour coatings.