Walnuts are amazingly versatile, they’re a great standalone snack and an amazing ingredient to add into any meal. Even though a handful of walnuts is more than enough to get your daily dose of Omega 3-ALA why stop there? Go beyond the standard and go Unbound with these 3 plant based recipes!
Top 3 Plant-Based Recipes to Eat More Walnuts
Walnut and Herb Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers
Walnut Sichuan Green Beans
Walnut and Herb Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers:
Starting things off with a kick, here’s a savory recipe for stuffed peppers. Let the dynamic seasoning carry you through a satisfying creamy experience of the crisp flavor of pepper and the smooth tones of cottage cheese, and of course the reverberating crunch of Walnuts.
Ingredients:1 cup Cottage Cheese, (2% milk fat)
½ cup Chopped Walnuts
2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1/8 tsp. Salt
8 Mini Sweet peppers, cut in halves lengthwise
- Mix Cottage Cheese, seasonings and walnuts in a large bowl
- Using a spoon fill each pepper with the mix
- Enjoy or save for later!
Jam packed with plants and delicious seasonings, this juicy jaw dropping burger is a smash hit!
Ingredients:2 cups Toasted Walnuts
1 cup Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained)
½ cup Quinoa (cooked)
¼ cup Panko (Bread Crumbs)
2 tbsp. Chia Seeds (ground)
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
½ tsp. Cumin
2 Garlic Cloves
½ cups Chopped Walnuts
- In a food processor pulse half of the oil with the toasted walnuts, garbanzos, panko, seeds, vinegar, eggs, and seasonings until they are finely combined, season to taste with salt and pepper
- Shape the Mixture in to 6 evenly sized balls and then press to form patties then press in chopped walnuts to both sides
- Over a medium heat add the remaining oil and cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If needed add more oil
- Serve on toasted brioche or in rolls with your favorite burger fix-ins!
Walnut Sichuan Green Beans:
Sichuan is known as the capital of spice in China, this recipe is lives up to the name delivering numbing spice and delectable crunch, healthy and exciting!
Ingredients:½ cup Chopped Walnuts
2 tbsp. Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 lb. Green Beans with trimmed ends
1 clove of ginger, peeled and cut in 2 inch slices
3 tbsp. Soy sauce
2-3 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves (sliced thin)
½ tsp. Sugar
2-3 Chopped Green Onions
- Lightly toast your walnuts in a skillet over a medium heat, then set aside
- Add oil to skillet and turn heat up to medium-high then add and cook green beans be sure to toss them frequently until they begin to soften, stir in the ginger and cook for 1 more minutes
- Drizzle in the sauces, vinegar, sugar and garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes until some of the liquid is reduced and green beans are crisp and saucy, finally add in the green onions and remove from the heat, garnish as you like and enjoy!