Yield: Serves 10
- 3 cups of Oats
- 5 oz. UNBOUND Roasted Cinnamon Walnuts
- 1/3 cup of Coconut flakes
- ¼ cup of chopped Dried Cranberries
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 8-10 large dates of choice, chopped
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add and incorporate wet ingredients until evenly distributed
- Pulse mixture in a food processor until it can stick together in between fingers
- In a parchment paper lined 11x7 in. baking dish pour mixture and spread evenly, press with spatula or fingers to create uniform top
- Bake for 25 minutes, then cool completely, After removing from dish, cut into 10 equal parts
The Choice for Better Health:
Satisfaction is key to unlocking human happiness, however…
A balance is necessary to ensure that all of our essential needs are met. For many, those considerations are forgone to satisfy fleeting cravings. While satisfying those cravings is also part of a happy and healthy diet, compromising the essentials of the mind and body is hardly ever needed.
Hand in Hand, dates and walnuts are not often at the tip of the tongue when people begin listing healthy foods and ingredients. Yet, both offer unique benefits for the heart and health!
Walnuts in a nutshell:Walnuts are the only tree-nut that is an excellent source of plant based Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). At 2.5g they have 5x more ALA than their closest competition which is the Pecan.
Omega-3 ALA is found in nuts and is reported to have a healthy impact on heart, brain, and aging health.
In effect, Walnuts make it easier to get healthier one handful at a time!