Dayri date is a semi-dry date from southern Iraq, named for Dayr, a place where a convent is located. Therefore it is called "The Monastery date." It was first imported in 1913.
Dayris have a strong flavor and are large and luxurious like the Medjool, but less sweet.
This date palm tree fruit variety is grown in the Coachella Valley, USA, certified organic, and has all the health benefits of dates:
• Heart Healthy
• Adds sweetness to foods without added sugars
• Contains vitamins and minerals
• Cholesterol free food
• Good Source of fiber
• Natural antioxidant polyphenols
• 50% more potassium, by weight, than bananas
• Improve taste, texture, and consistency of food products
• Equal parts fructose and glucose
• Free of sodium
• Healthy alternative to refined sugars