January 19, 2021
Prep 20 minutes / bake 25 minutes / makes 12 cupcakes
• 200 grams date paste • 100 grams diced dates with coconut flour • 3/4 cup of water • 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder • 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda • 75 grams butter, softened • 3/4 cup of sugar • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract • 11/4 cup of all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Lightly grease a 12 x ½ cup muffin pan, or line with paper cases.
3. Mix the date paste with water and coffee powder in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir occasionally over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat, using a spoon stir in bicarbonate of soda and butter. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
4. Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl. Using an electronic hand beater, beat in sugar and vanilla until everything is blended.
5. Add in the eggs to the blend, one at a time, beating through after each addition. Gently add the flour.
6. Once all ingredients are blended, pour into cupcake pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cake is golden brown and cooked through. Test with a toothpick or fork.
8. Once cake is cooked, let rest in pan for 5 mins, then transfer muffins onto a rack to cool. Once cool, ice cupcakes with the coffee topping.
• 1 cup heavy whip cream • 1 tsp instant coffee powder • 2 ½ tbs. of boiling water
1. Add 1 cup of heavy whip cream in to a bowl.
2. Combine 1 tsp instant coffee powder with 2 ½ tbs. boiling water in a tea cup.
3. Gradually beat coffee mixture into the heavy whip cream until it reach the desired consistency.
June 30, 2021
June 30, 2021